Hawaii Volcano Vacations remains open for business!
A detailed official press release from the Hawaii Tourism Authority about the current conditions on the island of Hawaii can be found here.
The eruption in lower Puna is very isolated and we are not impacted in any way by this activity. We are monitoring the situation inside the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park very closely and have been assured by USGS and officials of the National Park that we are well outside the area affected by any eventual steam outbursts at the summit of Kilauea. Tradewinds remain strong and are blowing fumes and ash directly away from us and in a south-westerly direction.
The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is currently closed until further notice. However, there are still many wonderful attractions both within the Volcano Village area and within a 1-hour drive from our location. Please have a look at our 25 favorite suggestions.
Safety is our number one priority and we will alert our incoming guests if the situation in our area changes . At this time, we remain unaffected by any volcanic activity and encourage you not to alter your travel plans. If you have any questions, please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
MORE Helpful Links
- The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park air quality monitor
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park information about closed areas
- Daily status update for Kīlauea (please reference: Kīlauea Volcano Summit) also check out the 'multimedia' tab for maps and photos.
- 24/7 webcams for Halemaumau Overlook and Kīlauea Caldera
- Our suggestions for 25 wonderful things to do in and around Volcano Village